The Most Active Options page highlights the top 500 symbols (U.S. market) or top 200 symbols (Canadian market) with high options volume. Symbols must have a last price greater than 0.10. We divide the page into three tabs - Stocks, ETFs, and Indices - to show the overall options volume by symbol, and the percentage of volume made up by both calls and puts.
Options information is delayed a minimum of 15 minutes, and is updated at least once every 15-minutes through-out the day. The new days options data will start populating the page at approximately 9:05a CT.
Site Members may opt-in to receive an End-of-Day Email report of the top Stocks, ETFs, and Index symbols found on the Most Active Options pages. The End-of-Day Email digests are sent at 5:30 PM CT, Monday through Friday. Barchart Premier Members may also receive the same reports at mid-day (noon CT) for a closer look at daily developments.
The Main View contains the following fields:
- Last: The last trade price of the underlying asset.
- Change: The difference between the underlying assets current price and the previous days settlement price.
- %Chg: The difference between the underlying assets current price and the previous days settlement price expressed as a percentage.
- IV Rank:
- Options Volume: The total options volume traded today across all options for the underlying Stock or ETF.
- % Put: The percentage of the total options volume that are put options.
- % Call: The percentage of the total options volume that are call options.
- Put/Call Vol: The ratio of put options traded divided by call options traded. Typically a put/call ratio for stocks above 0.7 is considered a bearish signal as more traders are buying puts rather than calls. This implies that investors are anticipating the underlying stock to decrease in value. Conversely a put/call ratio for stocks below 0.7 is typically considered a bullish signal as more traders are buying calls rather than puts. This implies that investors are anticipating the underlying stock to increase in value. The more extreme the put/call ratio, the stronger the conviction of investors as to the potential move.
For pages showing Intraday views, we use the current sessions data with new price data appear on the page as indicated by a flash. Stocks: 15 minute delay (Cboe BZX data for U.S. equities is real-time), ET. Volume reflects consolidated markets. Futures and Forex: 10 or 15 minute delay, CT.
The list of symbols included on the page is updated every 10 minutes throughout the trading day. However, new stocks are not automatically added to or re-ranked on the page until the site performs its 10-minute update.
Pages are initially sorted in a specific order (depending on the data presented). You can re-sort the page by clicking on any of the column headings in the table.
Most data tables can be analyzed using Views. A View simply presents the symbols on the page with a different set of columns. Site members can also display the page using Custom Views. (Simply create a free account, log in, then create and save Custom Views to be used on any data table.)
Each View has a Links column on the far right to access a symbols Quote Overview, Chart, Options Quotes (when available), Barchart Opinion, and Technical Analysis page. Standard Views found throughout the site include:
- Main View: Symbol, Name, Last Price, Change, Percent Change, High, Low, Volume, and Time of Last Trade.
- Technical View: Symbol, Name, Last Price, Todays Opinion, 20-Day Relative Strength, 20-Day Historic Volatility, 20-Day Average Volume, 52-Week High and 52-Week Low.
- Performance View: Symbol, Name, Last Price, Weighted Alpha, YTD Percent Change, 1-Month, 3-Month and 1-Year Percent Change.
- Fundamental View: Available only on equity pages, shows Symbol, Name, Weighted Alpha, Market Cap, P/E Ratio. Earnings Per Share, Beta, Return on Equity, and Price/Sales
Data Table Expand
Unique to Barchart.com, data tables contain an expand option. Click the + icon in the first column (on the left) to expand the table for the selected symbol. Scroll through widgets of the different content available for the symbol. Click on any of the widgets to go to the full page.
Horizontal Scroll on Wide Tables
Especially when using a custom view, you may find that the number of columns chosen exceeds the available space to show all the data. In this case, the table must be horizontally scrolled (left to right) to view all of the information. To do this, you can either scroll to the bottom of the table and use the tables scrollbar, or you can scroll the table using your browsers built-in scroll:
- Left-click with your mouse anywhere on the table.
- Use your keyboards left and right arrows to scroll the table.
- Repeat this anywhere as you move through the table to enable horizontal scrolling.
Also unique to Barchart, FlipCharts allow you to scroll through all the symbols on the table in a chart view. While viewing FlipCharts, you can apply a custom Chart Template, further customizing the way you can analyze the symbols. FlipCharts are a free tool available to Site Members.
Download is a free tool available to Site Members. This tool will download a .csv file for the View being displayed. For dynamically-generated tables (such as a Stock or ETF Screener) where you see more than 1000 rows of data, the download will be limited to only the first 1000 records on the table. For other static pages (such as the Russell 3000 Components list) all rows will be downloaded.
Free members are limited to 5 downloads per day, while Barchart Premier Members may download up to 100 .csv files per day.
Note: Due to licensing restrictions, Canadian fundamental data cannot be downloaded from Barchart.com. You will see N/L in a downloaded column when this is the case.
Should you require more than 100 downloads per day, please contact Barchart Sales at 866-333-7587 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or additional options about historical market data.
Find us at the office
Mcevilly- Liposky street no. 40, 55778 Tórshavn, Faroe Islands
Give us a ring
+23 188 845 957
Mon - Fri, 7:00-15:00