The new M-pesa transaction rates for 2021 is out. Safaricom has a complete new transaction charges for Mpesa which is effective 1st January of 2021. The Mpesa transaction rate for 2021 has been reduced upto 45%.
Safaricom says it has reduced its M-pesa tarrifs in considering the expiring of the free less than KSH.1000 transaction fee, and also considering the country’s economy due to COVID-19.
Safaricom also confirmed a good news to kenyans, that all MPESA customers will continue to enjoy free transactions between MPESA and their bank accounts.
Here is the new 2021 Safaricom M-pesa transaction charges rates:
Withdrawal from M-PESA Agent
Transfer to Unregistered Users
Transfer to other M-PESA Users, Pochi La Biashara and Business Till To customer
Transfer to other Mobile Money Users
|Buying Airtime through M-PESA||FREE|
|M-PESA balance Enquiry||FREE|
|Change M-PESA PIN||FREE|
Businesses (owners) using Safaricom M-pesa services are not left behind as Safaricom says the new reduced tariffs will also apply to transactions for micro-businesses under their new Pochi La Biashara service and for Lipa Na MPESA businesses using the Transacting till to make payments in their businesses.
Here are 9 things to note concerning the new Mpesa rates:
- The maximum Account Balance is KSHs.300,000
- The maximum daily transaction value is KSHs.300,000 and the maximum amount per transaction is KSHs.150,000
- You cannot withdraw less than KSHs.50 at an M-PESA agent outlet
- For you to successfully initiate M-PESA person to person self reversal, send the transaction confirmation message to 456
- For you to be able to transact, your Safaricom line and M-PESA account must be active
- At any gent outlet, you cannot deposit money directly into another M-PESA customer’s account
- You earn Bonga points when you transact on M-PESA
- To transact at any M-PESA Agent outlet, you will be required to produce your original identification document, i.e., National ID or Kenyan Passport
- Dial *234# to view applicable charges or use M-PESA cost calculator on mySafaricom App
Safaricom company has played a huge role in supporting Kenyans especially during COVID-19 period, the giant tech company says it will continue to support and uplifting Kenyans. There you have it NEW M-PESA CHARGES 2021: Safaricom M-pesa transaction rates